thriftside

Was the comanche ever offered in a thriftside bed option like the J-trucks? Since there very few new things to be done, has anyone modded a thriftside be to fit a comanche or custom built their own? Might make for a cool look as it appears there's a lot of interest in the flat fender flairs.

Here's a link; http://www.thejeeptrader.com/details.php?id=10787

The ranger step side doesn't have a retro look with the rounded fenders. I have no photoshop skills. Is there anyone on the board who could photoshop a J-10 thriftside bed onto a comanche? My initial impression is the combination would make a nice retro look but its difficult to tell for sure without the pictures. Possibly use the new flat fender flares to match the thriftside fenders? Might would require a gas tank change if switching to a stepside bed?

Someone had done one, and it was for sale on ebay last year... It looked perfect. I still regret not saving the pics from the listing. It was red and black, and the bed looked like a tame version of the one that was on the M715.

Rob

Other than making a tailgate, I don't think it would be extremely difficult to make a thriftside bed. I saw where someone made a tailgate and used a the large Jeep script stamped into the back of a postal jeep - turned out great.

Still looking for a photoshop expert who can mate a J-10 thriftside bed to a comanche.