Front axle problems

Ok i need help ,my front axle twist when immaking low speed turns, for example if I'm in the drive thru at mcdonalds and I'm stoped,i let the clutch out and the

The front axle rachets and twist ,there may be a locker up front i havent got that far yet, lower control arms are brand new with lift, could this be from sloppy upper control arm bushings?

Well i havent accually put it on a lift to check , however in sand i can spin the rear tires with zero sign that the front end was spinning ive also had it on the turnpike at 75mph. I'm goin to put it on my freinds lift wed to try to figure it out.

when you have it up on the lift, check your front axle joints too. Make sure theres no rust showing around the caps.

No rust around the caps? Here in Ohio, in the winter, I can install a new u joint and a week later the entire joint will be covered in rust.

Permenantly. On purpus or theres something wrong?

The vacume motor can go bad and the easy and cheap fix is to lock the shift fork in. My 89 that I bought a few months ago was permanently locked over when I bought it. Whenever I pull into my driveway slow and there is a little gravel on the blacktop, the front tires will pull and slide on the gravel, only happens in slow speed turns. U-joints can also cause binding and make clunking and grinding noises.

I have converted to a single piece passenger front shaft in the Pig and have no such problems, even with an Aussie locker in the front. The Purple People Eater also has a permanently engaged axle, and no such problems. Neither did my 94 XJ, or my buddy's Selsc-Trac 90XJ, both of which came from the factory without a central axle disconnect on the front axle.

Even when the axle is engaged, if the wheels are binding or jerking in 2wd there's something hinky going on with either the u joints or the differential.

I have converted to a single piece passenger front shaft in the Pig and have no such problems, even with an Aussie locker in the front.

i was just wondering that. ive got a single piece shaft and wanted to put it in my CAD axle but didnt know if it would work as a straight swap :dunno:

In addtion to the axle shaft you will need to install a seal into the housing from inside of the differential. A search will turn up the part #...I don't recall it. Not to overlook the obvious but you will also need to buy/fabricate a block off plate for the CAD opening.

Having the CAD locked should not make the front tires grab without the transfer case engaged, from my humble experience.