Lost "part time 4wd" indicator

When I bought the truck the light was always on, even when it was in 2wd. Recently I disassembled the tilt steering column to tighten it up. When I got everything back together, everything worked perfectly except now I have NO "part time 4wd" light, not even when It's in 4wd. The only thing I did, that I can think might have affected the indicator was to unplug the large electrical connector at the base of the steering column. Everything else is working fine and I'm not even sure that plug has any relationship to the 4wd light.

I searched on how the vacuum system works but this seems like it may be an electrical problem related to the work I did to the column. Any ideas?

Thanks

Quite possible the bulb just burned out.

With the light always being on, check your vacuum hoses and reservoir (inside front bumper, passenger side). Especially the lines going to/from the transfer case and front axle.

Quite possible the bulb just burned out.

With the light always being on, check your vacuum hoses and reservoir (inside front bumper, passenger side). Especially the lines going to/from the transfer case and front axle.

Mine was the Vacuum ground switch for the indicator light.. it is located under the coolant tank on the fender... when you put it in 4x4 it sucks vacuum at the switch and makes a ground and lights up.

If it has stuck it would stay on or if not working it will not make the ground.

On my buddies mj someone had hooked the heater control vacuum line to it and it stayed on all the time because of constant vacuum.