MJ door hinges

If the slop is in the hinges, you can buy replacement pins. If the slop is the hinge assembly moving relative to the door post -- it's a welded connection that's getting ready to fail, so get it fixed soon.

There is a "fix" put out by Jeep to fix it if it is the hinge pulling away from the truck. Its like a reinforcement that is bolted on. Someone will post the part#

As far as I know it is discontinued, I wish it wasn't because my hinges are tweaked. I won't be too surprised when the door falls off, I just don't really know what to do about it.

I think there is a write up about repairing them somewhere here, someone should definitely post it up.

I did the repair as above, although I did weld around the hinge to give it some extra.

IMO it is the best fix out there.

You can see some pretty good shots of my repair here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17699 near the bottom of the first page.

And the factory repair in the DIY: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28641 really just a band aid because it doesn't address the lack of strength when fastening to the A-pillar

with no structural backing behind it, which is really the problem in the first place.