Engine SWAP ideas?

giant-engine.jpg

BIG-MOTOR.jpg

POOOOWWWWWEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Haha, well I'd consider a GM Gen III motor, you can usually pick them up dirt cheap, make ridiculous power if you want, and get great economy when left reasonably stock.

The 5.3 is probably what I would go with, mate it up somehow with an AX-15 and leave it stock in hopes of not destroying the trans, and give me what in all likelihood would be better than 4.0L MPGs.

Also there are some aluminum 5.3s out there that will help drop the weight off an MJ's nose, and cool better.

Of course if you want to go bigger, than the 6.0L engines (LQ4, LQ9) are out there, and are cheap. And if you want to spend money get any engine that starts with LS.

I am running 30x9.5 in tires right now with the stock gears 3.07s (Pete provided me with the gear ratio awhile ago, thanks again)

Yes i did mean ZJ....in reference to the 4.0 engince that i have access to. I also have access to the rear / front end parts as well, 3.55 I think.

The engine i have in it right now is the original engine but i know its getting a lil tired. I just want to be prepared when it goes. So if i could do something with the ZJ engine that runs good, i would like to utilize it.

Should i just rebuild that one, maybe stroke it, if its going to work.... thats the big question. If i do rebuild it can i just drop it in and go without worrying about the computer stuff?