16 wheels on a stock MJ

What size tires? I ultimately I wanna run Duratracs, KM2s, something like that on my stock MJ.. Dang metric sizes!!

245/70/16 will fit no problems.

245/75/16 will probably rub depending on the amount of lift, and you would probably want a WJ control arm for the drivers side if you don't have aftermarket control arms.

I had to trim on the bumper end cap a little too:

yellow77mod.jpg

guess i should have mentioned that its 2wd. I'm going to be looking at leveling kit, 4x coils or something for it..nothing too obvious, wanna keep stockish appearance..

by the way your freedom is :brows:

They have a 225/75/16 in a Duratrac, 29 in tall..thanks for the calculator link..

these tires are load range E. little too heavy duty for the MJ? i just drive it on the highway in the summer as a DD..probably have to run 10 pounds of air in them :eek:

245/75/16 they have also that are Cs..But they are 30.5 inches tall..

Why thank you. :brows: :brows: :brows: :brows: :brows:

They have a 225/75/16 in a Duratrac, 29 in tall..thanks for the calculator link..

these tires are load range E. little too heavy duty for the MJ? i just drive it on the highway in the summer as a DD..probably have to run 10 pounds of air in them :eek:

The tires on my Jeep are load range E, I keep em aired up at about 60 PSI.

Unless you're carrying around blocks of lead you are going to wear out the center of your tires quick I feel...right?

Unless you're carrying around blocks of lead you are going to wear out the center of your tires quick I feel...right?

Load Range E tires have a max inflation of 80PSI.

Running 35 PSI in 30 PSI max tires is bad.

Running 35 PSI in 80PSI tires is not bad.

Running 25 PSI in 30PSI tires is not bad.

I would think you would have run low air pressure being that the sidewalls are stiff? That was kinda a joke when I said 10 psi but it would have to be tested with some marking compound to check how the tread hits the road. Sam I'm not doubting you, just I know in my diesel pickup the tires are in the 70s psi, buddy of mine ran "e" rated tires on his 1/2 ton and he had them aired to 50, well thats what the tire shop recommend for him anyway..

I would think you would have run low air pressure being that the sidewalls are stiff? That was kinda a joke when I said 10 psi but it would have to be tested with some marking compound to check how the tread hits the road. Sam I'm not doubting you, just I know in my diesel pickup the tires are in the 70s psi, buddy of mine ran "e" rated tires on his 1/2 ton and he had them aired to 50, well thats what the tire shop recommend for him anyway..

Higher PSI = stiffer tire = better mileage.

Downside is a stiffer ride, but I don't really notice.

Thing is, you can air em way up, so you might as well.

E's are super heavy though, but kinda like breasts I figure if D's are good E's are even better.

Have you ever put chock on them to see the road contact patch? I would just worry about burning the center of the tread down.

Load range E tires are meant to be aired up super high, they are stiffer and will not bulge and wear in the center until they are over inflated.

If you put 50PSI in a load range B tire thats 42% over inflated, if you put 50PSI in a load range E tire thats about 38% under inflated.

B 4 B 35 psi (240 kPa)***

C 6 C 50 psi (350 kPa)***

D 8 D 65 psi (450 kPa)***

E 10 E 80 psi (550 kPa)***

F 12 F 95 psi (650 kPa)***

I run 16in rubicon rims with 265/75R16 Terra tracs. Converts to 32x10.45 with only minor rubbing at full lock... after a little trimming of the inner plastic.

You have any issues with rubbing on the drivers side lower control arm? Mine at 10" wide rubbed pretty bad on the stock control arm, and still rub a little on the WJ control arm.

How much are you lifted?

I run 16in rubicon rims with 265/75R16 Terra tracs. Converts to 32x10.45 with only minor rubbing at full lock... after a little trimming of the inner plastic.

You have any issues with rubbing on the drivers side lower control arm? Mine at 10" wide rubbed pretty bad on the stock control arm, and still rub a little on the WJ control arm.

How much are you lifted?

No lift.... yet. The only rubbing I get is at or near full lock. I have looked into the wj control arms but haven't needed them yet, although I did have to trim some small pieces of inner fender in front and behind both front tires or it would not be drivable at all.