HO Fuel Pump

I'm not sure if the HO pump is the same as the other years, but i thought my experience with this would be helpful...

So my truck had been sitting for a while & when i went to start it things didn't work as i thought they would. It turns out my fuel was bad & after some more troubleshooting i found that i wasn't getting fuel to the rail. The pump cycled fine with the key so i thought clog, i pulled the filter & cycled the pump with the line disconnected & i only got about three drops of fuel. Okay not clogged, now I'm thinking internal leak, i pulled the pump & this is what i found:

I got some more fuel line:

I reinstalled the pump & she runs good as ever!!

~Dave

I'm not sure if the HO pump is the same as the other years, but i thought my experience with this would be helpful...

~Dave

To answer your question, the MJ HO pump itself is the same as compatible XJ years. It's the sending units that are unique.

There's been a lot of that going around lately. I'm thinking it has something to do with the increased ethanol content in todays gas. :dunno:

Thanks for the pictures and the heads up! I think I'll replace that line as preventative maintenance when I pull the assembly out of my tank in the near future. I need to figure out why my gas gauge needle doesn't go all the way to full and the low fuel light comes on WAY early. It's not the cluster and I'm fairly certain it's not the wiring/grounds. Thinking something is funny with the level sensor inside the tank.