Do you know what I love?

sinnaevd

To make it fit a MJ would require rebuilding most of it.

They aren't too forthcoming with the pictures, but I think it's a parrel lower and triangulated upper link setup. I would avoid these if you intend to have a lot of flex in the rear - as the axle will 'steer' itself, and it makes the vehicle very uncontrolable when attempting to climb with the suspension flexed out.

But, that doesn't mean 4-linking/coiling the rear of a MJ is a bad idea. I've toyed with the idea, and plan to eventually. BrettM runs one I think (or is it a 3-link? ask him). Pingpong wants to do it.

yeah i don't think that kit will adapt to an MJ very nicely. But as diry put it, i am toying with the idea

i think i would like to start fiddling with some suspensioin stuff this summer, after i toss a d30 up front

i also toyed with the idea of making it a Baja truck (i don't think that the word I'm looking for but its the only one i could some up with)

there are none

but i enjoy catching air sometimes. i woud like to be able to do it with the MJ, although i would more then likely destroy it. we had a sand rail out ot silver lake sand dunes and catchign air in that was awesome

More then likely I am going to do a double triangulated 4 link in the rear using air shocks or coilovers... I have to do some weighing of my rig to see if air shocks are an option. Expect to drop some serious coin if you want to do this. Just in joints your looking at 2-300 depending on what you use, thats not including steel and hardware, or the shocks for that matter

I hope this becomes a thread flow, instead of a thread hijack, but:

What do you guys think about the different heims that are out there for link building? Rod ends? And what are the thoughts of a heim on one end, bushing on the other.

I'd like to plan out a system for my rear, and I think I'm understanding everything dandily, but the joints, and how wide apart to place the coils (haven't thought about the placement is the actual problem).

The wider you place the coils the more 'stable' it'll seem. But, you're doing that by hurting flex. Although, typically it won't matter as you're going to hit your bumpstops first. So, you normally move them as far outwards as possible. Unless you have a 2KLB zuki and 220lb/in coils in the rear. Then you put them right next to each other - and jsut tip over every now and again.

As far as the joints go, I personally believe in using matched joints on both ends of a link. Why? They're both going to travel the same number of degrees. If you're cheap, you could get away with running a bushing at one end and a proper joint at the other.

And as far as the joints go, just get something that's greaseable/rebuildable and suits your plans and budget. It doesn't need to be hardcore HD if you're going to run 1/2-ton axle on a light vehicle like a MJ. Especially if you're building a 4-link which has 4 joints on each end to spread the load.

I don't yet have a brand favorite, as I haven't got that far yet...

yeah i think i will fiddle with some smaller stuff befor i do that

i want to get an accurate CAD of the frame drawn up do i can tinker with geometry and stuff with it first

i think i should go with a bolt on kit before a mess around wtih any of that stuff

just having a hard time determining where i want to start modding at