Power Issues

Just picked up an 86 2 wheel-drive. comanche.gif It has the 2.5 in it. :fs1: My question is how much power should I expect from this engine? It does good on flat ground, will get up to speed and hold it there. However when I have to go up a hill, it loses speed and pulls like a tractor to get up it. Is this normal? If not, any suggestions on what my be causing this lack of power. Thanks in advance for any help. :cheers:

Pictures to follow as soon as I can figure it out.

Thanks Eagle. I don't expect to run with the big dogs, but right now it don't feel like it can get off the porch. I have replaced the plug wires, plugs, air filter, in-line fuel filter, and vavle cover. When I was taking out the original plugs, number 2 wasnt tight and number 4 was extremely tight. Today when I put in the new plugs, neither of these two will tighten down. Any of you ever use HeliCoil or do you have another solution? This is my first Jeep and I want to get it running right so I can start on the fun stuff like playing in the woods. jamminz.gif

Power is relative. A mild hill in Colorado would be a steep hill in Kansas. My daily driver is a '87 2.5 with 5 speed. I've never had to drop lower than fourth on hills or bucking a head wind.

Use plenty of grease on the tap. Help catch the shavings. I have a magnet on a long rod I drop thru the plug hole and sweep the cylinder with. Doesn't work on aluminum heads.