I found pics of my first MJ. RIP

I found pics of my first Comanche but they are small. They are from 3 cell phones ago from a SD card micro. Like I said before "I'm not sure how to put pics up on forums" but Ill try here.

Here it is with a camper top that came with it.

I got bored one day and I put strobes in the front.

The small vacuum line came off the front axle "I didnt know so I stayed in 2wd the rest of the way no problem" 3 miles deep down the trail. Found out when I got home. HAHA

And here it is with that evil FOR SALE sign. Regret it every time I come on this site.

This would be the only Bumper sticker Ill ever put on any of my vehicles.

That gold stripe down the bedsides. It was part of the 1988 Olympic games promotional package. Usually, there is also a set of rings under each front emblem, and one in the back window behind the drivers head. I have an old site that I made and I put together a package spotter. Check it out:

http://comanchemj.1hwy.com/photo5.html

You can also take the VIN, and call your local Jeep dealer. Tell them you are interested in buying it, and you were wondering what rear axle it might have. '88 Is on the cusp of them still having info, so its a shot in the dark, but worth it none the less.

I assume you know a D44 when you spot it?

Oh, and:

we9825.jpg

Rob L. :cheers:

I don't know about getting this anymore:

http://autos.aol.com/used-detail--78642 ... e_facebook

The dealer said he'd email me twice and never did. It has been 2 weeks since.

The dealer that I talk to about it, he acts kinda sketchy about the truck "like he didnt ever say anything positive about the truck only bad".

Plus if this truck is in too bad of condition and drive 2 hrs up there and decide not to buy it, waist of 4 hrs.

I guess ill keep saving and look more around.

That gold stripe down the bedsides. It was part of the 1988 Olympic games promotional package. Usually, there is also a set of rings under each front emblem, and one in the back window behind the drivers head. I have an old site that I made and I put together a package spotter. Check it out:

http://comanchemj.1hwy.com/photo5.html

You can also take the VIN, and call your local Jeep dealer. Tell them you are interested in buying it, and you were wondering what rear axle it might have. '88 Is on the cusp of them still having info, so its a shot in the dark, but worth it none the less.

I assume you know a D44 when you spot it?

Oh, and:

we9825.jpg

Rob L. :cheers:

Chrysler has no info for any 88 year vehicles. :fs1:

Chrysler has no info for any 88 year vehicles. :fs1:

Probably just deleted the info they had. :(

I hope not,

but it's sounding like what they did to the stock pile of old NOS Jeep sheetmetal

(scrapped :( )

I've got two 88's. One is LWB Olympic edition with the stripe and the rings, but it's pretty option-less. It's a Pioneer so it has the nicer door panels with storage bins, painted flares, and silver trim on the front plastics, but still has the D35. Here's a shot of the Olympic rings:

My other 88 is a base model SporTruck, but it does have an Olympic rings sticker on the rear window.