tempature switch

The teflon did not work. I can tighten it down pretty snug wants it gets under pressure starts leaking. Then starts cutting out and backfiring because of cps is getting wet.

how many time did you wrap the bolt with teflon? if too much then it won't work. only need wrap it one time to able seat on while bolt down.

The temp "switch" (I think you mean sender unless you have idiot lights?) gets it's ground from the threads to the block. Wrapping tons of teflon tape around it kills the ground - temp gauge don't work. Just get a new one.

hmm its didnt happened to me? I'm sure there will be some metal available to connect the ground? like top flange of bolt not the thread?

hmm its didnt happened to me? I'm sure there will be some metal available to connect the ground? like top flange of bolt not the thread?

Not saying it will happen in all cases, but it could happen. My FSM even has a warning not to used teflon tape because of the possibility.

alright sorry guess i got lucky in one shot. so your recommend is just replace new sensor?

No, if you have already replaced the sensor and there are no leaks and the temp gauge is working, I'd leave it be. For single-wire sensors that use thread contact for grounding purposes I use the hi-temp Permatex sealant, but sparingly. No worries for two-wire sensors though. :cheers:

How far does the switch need to be down in the the block. Mine is strip at the top of it was going to put a washer on to keep from leaking until i can get new one order. 1990 2.5 thanks

hey man, give me your address and ill ship you one that i just bought and don't need as my truck blew up. no charge i just figure if someone can use it ill throw it in an envelope and send it to them