fuel tank dent repair

idk if yall ever changed out the fuel pump before, but if you did then you know how it goes in. the fuel pump cannot sit right and the sending unit cover will not seal, even w/o the gasket cause the angles too bad. I'm 99.9% sure its because of the dents in this tank thats causing the fuel pump to sit much higher than its supposed to be.

any ideas how to fix dents?

did you put in a new sending unit/pump or did you just pull the parts out, paint it and try putting it back together?

if its a new sending unit its a cherokee one and will not fit without mods, if its the stock u probly just need to patiently fiddle with it til it goes back from where it came.

did you put in a new sending unit/pump or did you just pull the parts out, paint it and try putting it back together?

if its a new sending unit its a cherokee one and will not fit without mods, if its the stock u probly just need to patiently fiddle with it til it goes back from where it came.

I bet this is the case. Parts stores sell Cherokee sender assy's as Comanche ones... They won't fit. You have to put the pump on to the MJ sender and do it that way.

Rob L.

every hardware is original, only the pump and filters are new.

all i did was pull the sending unit, clean the tank, painted the exterior, and put everything back in.