Hi-Flow 4.0 Thermostat Housing

91coMANche

I put a couple thermostat housings I have under my machinists mill and got them to open up a ton. Then I hand finished them into a massive flowing piece. The huge restriction is gone now. $25 shipped.

I am doing a couple of these that are laying around as a hobbyist. Your purchase and installation gives you no warranty from me - so if that thing cracks and your engine over heats its all your liability. Or if anything else possibly happens that you may think comes from the thermostat housing its all your liability. No implied warranty, no express warranty, no warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and no warranty of merchantibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeepman,

I hear ya but Advance Auto is no longer carrying Dorman new ones. I have been machining used ones that I make sure are flat. If you can figure out who carries new Dorman ones I would be able to machine and then hand finish it for you. I will try again with advance and see what happens.

Thanks for the input to all. I am just a hobbyist with my mill but it does a nice job of opening up the housing. Then I hand finish the entire thing because a mill will not get in everywhere and only removes bulk mass on this project. I will try and work up a price for new housings if the demand is there...I only had a couple of used housings and I sold them but I hadn't gone out looking for more housings for this particular purpose.

Archived