FusionBB... do we want this for our new forum software?

Automan2164

Anywho... Does anyone belong to a forum or manage one running on FusionBB software? I found the Forum for FusionBB, and its running on its own software, shown here:

http://www.fusionbb.com/forum/index.php?

Just looking at their page, I see a shout box, which appears to be an I'm that travels with the site, and I like that. The calendar would also be nice when planning outings, I know for the MWC anyway. I don't know if all of these cool little options would be available to us, but take a stroll through their site, and give us some feedback.

The screen that link takes me to is HORRIBLE! It's FAR too busy and distracting.

Which means a key question aside from 'Does it provide better protection?" has to be "How customizable is it?"

There are probably more forums running vBulletin than all other forum software combined, and there's a reason. But -- as noted, it's more money. Unless they've changed, they offer two options: You can "rent" the software, which means an annual fee ($$$) but you get support and you always have the latest version. Or you can buy it outright, which I believe includes one year of support, and no upgrades. So after the first year you're on your own, and if you decide you want a newer release -- you start over.

After looking at chevytalk, I am curious to see how it would apply to our board, and if it would be any faster loading without the ads. If you get a free trial, will you be able to set it up with a different adress for people to look at it and try it out? I don't care too much for change either, especially after Obama ruined the word. But "CHANGE" is the only constant in the universe, so if we gotta do, lets do it.