90' MT Sport Truck

The reason the lights don't come on in the Tach are probably because the bulbs are bad. I didn't test each and every bulb to see if they were good or not.

If the lights come on in the rest of the gauges, then the fuse to the gauges is OK.

I guess I never thought about that 500MJ.

The gauge lights never have come on, even with my old gauge cluster, that's why I figured it might be a fuse. I should say that the blinkers and bright lights all work, just not the lights for the gauges themselves, none of them, not just the tach.

It's just something I don't think about until I'm driving after dark an can't see the cluster. I have a GPS in it as the speedo because with the big tires it's off a bit. I guess that's why I haven't gotten to motivated to do much about it.

So if I understand you right, the cluster is like a string of christmas lights, so when one bulb goes out, the rest go out?

I think I'm gonna pull it back out and check the bulbs. I still have the bulbs from my old cluster, so I should be able to come up with enough to get it back to lighting up.

Thanks for the tip, and thank you for the cluster!

Thanks 500MJ, I thought that it was going to be a fuse issue.

Today I spent a few hours working on the MJ. I still have no instrument lights. I replaced all the fuses and only one of them looked like it had been there since stock. I checked under the dash and the fuse panel is all good, atleast it doesn't look like its had any brake fluid on it. None of the fuses were split or cracked.

I do however, have a tail light that is only blinking on one out of the two bulbs on the passenger side. The bulb lights up when the brakes are applied, just not as bright as the other one. I read somewhere on here that someone had a tail light out and they replaced that and their instrument lights came back on. I'm wondering if that doesn't have something to do with it?

Anyway, tomorrow is another day, a day for chasing electrical gremlins!