Frozen Brake Drum (literally)

So today I was enjoying 4wd in the snow. I had no issued for driving around for a few hours but after I parked in 8 or so inches of snow I had some serious issues. I cannot move forward with any amount of traction but I can move in reverse fine. When I do try to move forward the back end kicks out to the left, and only the left. What I am thinking is the problem is that water has gotten into the drum while driving, and while sitting for long enough it froze on the left drum, and I have an open diff so the drum forces traction to only the left wheel. And since drums don't work well in reverse it doesnt affect it enough in reverse to give me abysmal traction.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? :help:

Mine did the same with ice in the e-brake cable. I zipped right down the driveway in reverse but then stalled it trying to drive away. Big disadvantage to having a locker in the rear is that if one wheel won't move, both wheels won't move! If you had the e-brake engaged overnight, I'd start there by warming it up (carefully) enough to get the cable to disengage. If you have a helper you can also have them push the pedal up and down while you watch to see if it's in fact the cable sticking or ice inside the drum binding things up so you know where to apply heat.