Squishy brake pedal

my brake pedal is funky. if I ram it down fast, I can lock up the wheels, but Ive got a lot of travel before it starts to slow down the MJ. if I pump it once or twice, it stiffens right up. whats going on? this was happening before I re-bled the brakes during my Brake Light on Dash fiasco.

my master cyl is always full, it has brand new flex lines front and rear.

sounds like what my clutchmaster did when it went out.... plenty of fluid, no air.. just went to the floor with nothign happening...

it could be the brake master cylinder. DirtyManche is having an issue described similar to this...

its interesting. I can ram it really fast right down to the floor and within like, an inch and a bit of pedal movement. bam, brakes lock. but a gentle slowdown it sinks a good 2-3 inches before I feel any slowdown.

push it down fast then come half way up and back down, if its not firm. its the master cyl. my vw did the same thing if i pushed it quick i had all the brakes i needed, until i was at a stop light and i pushed it in a second time real quick, thats when it fell to the floor and i had nothing. that was a butt pucker moment, heh. replaced it and it worked perfect.

push it down fast then come half way up and back down, if its not firm. its the master cyl. my vw did the same thing if i pushed it quick i had all the brakes i needed, until i was at a stop light and i pushed it in a second time real quick, thats when it fell to the floor and i had nothing. that was a butt pucker moment, heh. replaced it and it worked perfect.

BUT! as you say otherguy, if I sink it slowly 2-3 inches and then let it back up, then back down. it gets nice'n hard.