Tail light gremlins

Hey guys, I'm in need of some assistance. My truck has power at the fuse box and has a good ground in the left tail light pocket, the back-up lights are super bright, but the rear signals and brake lights don't work. I'm thinking it may be a short somewhere between the fuse box and the lights, but are there any other problems our our trucks are prone to have that could cause this?

Thanks!

Kitch

there is a connector in the harness located right behind the drivers side rear tire that might be causing your issue. I had corrosion in that connector that killed my brake lights. cleaning might work, but for my truck I needed to splice in a new generic connector from the auto parts store.

also, make doubly sure the bulbs are the correct dual filament bulb.

Thanks for the tips Pete! Unfortunately I had to take the jeep to the shop because my fam can't afford to be down to one vehicle (with the manche's lights out it was 5 people using one van, quite a nightmare) and they could get it done sooner than I could (more my folks idea than mine) friday I'm going to go look for a newer vehicle to be my DD so I can give myself more time to work on the 'manche and turn it into the beast I want it to be :cheers:

When your having trouble with any of the tail light functions, the first thing to check is to see if a PO wired up a trailer wiring harness. If so, remove it. or at least eyeball it carefully for shorts and corrosion. Then follow common trouble shooting procedures, as out lined above.