John's 89 Pioneer LWB

Here's some pics of my "new" truck. I bought it from my Brother in law's Father in law. He bought it about 20 years ago from his Father in law. It was used on the farm all of it's life, and in the last 12 years it's hardly been used at all. It's got really small tires on it now which will change soon to at least 235/75-15. Once I can afford it I plan to lift it and put on some 33"ers maybe even 35s

Saggy headliner. Needs attention.

This bumper is a custom made air bumper. It is for sale, any offers?

One of the first items on my repair list is the cooling system. The coolant reservoir was missing (he said it was cracked, so he took it off and now couldn't find it) and I heard the closed loop system maybe has a bit of problems, so I took some parts off my 92 parts XJ to change it to an open loop system.

The top rad is the one I'm putting in. The only difference is the filler neck on the open loop one.

(And the sensor on the middle left of the old one which I swapped into the new one)

More pics to come. Didn't get it finished today.

Also nice under the hood light! Very cool truck but why you selling the rear bumper? Thats alot better then a stock bumper. Keep it up

Brandon

I'm selling the bumper because it's so big. I plan to build a nice small bumper (maybe bob the bed?).

whats the hydraulic valve go to?

The truck was used to pull a homebuilt trailer that had some funky homemade vacuum assisted braking system. The valve was connected (I say was because I took it out today) to the vacuum line going to the brake booster on the truck, and it controlled the trailer brakes.

I found out it is an 89 not an 88 so I edited the post subject. I also found out the former owner bought it from his father in law when it was only 3 years old and it only had about 34,000 kms on it.

Going into Winnipeg today to insurance salvage auction to buy a 98 XJ donor vehicle (hopefully).