damn!! i missed it!

brdhntr

so i was on craigslist last night and found the deal of the century on a '91 comanche for $175! it was a 2wd (not sure what motor) with a manual, bench seat sport stripes and very little rust (just a small spot above the rear wheel. this was a pretty good looking truck. even better, the thing runs! the guy said it was hiway ready and runs and drives great. who cares it's a manche for $175!!!

got up this morning and went onto craigslist to get the number to call the guy, ad was removed. damn! :fs1: i should've just called him at midnight.

Doesn't mean it sold. I saw my MJ on CL the first day it was posted. I looked for a day and did a screenshot to capture it. Next night tried to view it and it was no longer posted. E-mailed the guy (from the screenshot) and he said I was the first person to contact him... I bought the truck a week later.

ya. the guy put in the add that "this add will be removed when the truck is sold. as long as the add is up, the truck is still for sale". still i had no number to call the guy since i was stupid and didn't write the number down the when i was looking at the add. :doh:

so i go on craigslist tonight and see a manche for $500 and look at the pic' same jeep!! guy says in the add he just put 200 miles on it and it did great. that's the mileage from where it was located to where he live3s. the pic is of the identical truck. so someone was smart enough to by it and resell it the next day. he's only asking $500 and that's still a pretty good price. maybe someone else will by it and resell it to make some more money.

Wait 2 days and if it's still there, offer him 350 or 400. He makes a couple hundred and you get a cheap Comanche. That's different than a Cheep Comanche. Here in San Diego most MJs are sold by Hispanic fellows so when you call them they say they have a Cheep Comanche. Just an observation. :roll:

now there's another one on craigslist for $1500. around here most people sell them as "good hunting rig" or "good farm truck". there's not many around and most the people don't know what they really have. the wife says i need to fix the one i have before i get another. i just keep telling her it's christmas. ;)

A lot of people will flag things on craigslist to prevent other people from seeing the ad. It only take one flagger and a few of his friends to get an ad removed. Sounds like a really good deal, I bet it got flagged.

The ad may still be in your browser history.

Mac...