4wd

The front axle disconnects fine during warm weather, but when its cold outside the axle will not disconnect when you go back into 2wd. Accordingly, the indicator light stays on as well. Is this a vacuum issue, or is something just sticky?

I would disable the disconnect, that way as soon as you pull the lever it engages the four wheel drive and the second you put the lever down it will disengage.

No more waiting for it,it will also make the system more reliable since all the vacuum crap will be gone.

I would disable the disconnect, that way as soon as you pull the lever it engages the four wheel drive and the second you put the lever down it will disengage.

No more waiting for it,it will also make the system more reliable since all the vacuum crap will be gone.

i did this also and i'm glad i did. works great. my vac hoses kept falling off and my 4x4 didn't work.

Same here. Lost my vacuum hoses three times during two trips off road. After that I went to a single piece shaft and pulled all the disconnect crap off the axle.

:agree: Less likely to break an axle, and easier to replace when you do break it.