Need help guys......

I bought a 89 Jeep Comanche 4.0 renix 5 speed 4x4. Well I planned on rebuilding the whole truck. I have had the trans rebuilt

transfer case, rear ends as well. The truck is in very good shape. Here's the problem:

When I bought the truck it was covered in mud. I mean covered. I pulled the engine and never thought about it anymore until

I had bought a new crank, cam, lifters, timing chain gears, dizzy, had the renix head rebuilt completely, etc.

Then I find out the block is cracked. :mad: :mad: :wall: :mad: :fs2:

Can I use all of my new parts with a bare HO block????

Please help I can't find a renix block that isn't cracked around here for nothing. Please any help would be awesome.

How big or long is the crack and where is it? Is it repairable? Might want to check with a good engine builder, maybe it can be fixed if you can't find one. I bet there's an old lady with a low mileage Renix XJ in her garage somewhere close to you....found one here a few months ago. An 89' Limited with only 40k on it....should have bought it but I had too many jeeps at the time.

How big or long is the crack and where is it? Is it repairable? Might want to check with a good engine builder, maybe it can be fixed if you can't find one. I bet there's an old lady with a low mileage Renix XJ in her garage somewhere close to you....found one here a few months ago. An 89' Limited with only 40k on it....should have bought it but I had too many jeeps at the time.

It has one on the drivers side just under the deck where the head sets. It is about 6in long and there is another on the passenger side where

where the dizzy goes into the block.

Can I drill and tap a HO block for the knock sensor?

Will all of my new parts fit a HO block? Crank, Cam, etc?

Thanks guys

I've read on the internets that the HO block has the hole cast in it for the knock sensor but it's not tapped......

I can't say this to be certain because I've honestly never checked, however I do have an HO block down in my storage shed. I need to run down there in the morning to pick up some stuff, and I can take the camera along with me and see.

Jeff

I've read on the internets that the HO block has the hole cast in it for the knock sensor but it's not tapped......

I can't say this to be certain because I've honestly never checked, however I do have an HO block down in my storage shed. I need to run down there in the morning to pick up some stuff, and I can take the camera along with me and see.

Jeff

That would be great. Man thanks for all the help guys. I have all these new parts for the renix block and if they would fit a HO block

I would be SO happy.

Two things I can think of:

1. According to Hesco, the Renix and HO blocks use different main bearings and they are not interchangeable.

2. The oil filter mount in the HO is cast in the block and is 90* to the block surface. The Renix oil filter housing is 18 degrees tilt down. But that's not a show stopper.