In case you missed it elsewhere in the forum ...

JN_comanche_luvr

... I've set up a website strictly dedicated to the 'Manche.

http://www.geocities.com/jeepcomanche8692

So far I have original factory photos from '86-88 and '91, looking for '89-90 and '92 (which would likely be reused '91 pics).

The '87 info page is looking good, too, with info from the '87 Jeep Trucks brochure. Hope to get some good scans of that soon and get 'em posted, but no firm timetable yet. Work and family obligations are keeping my online time to a bare minimum right now. :headpop:

If anyone has any info they'd like to see posted, I'd be happy to put it up, and if the interest is there, I'll start an owner's section. Hopefully I can get my 'Manche soon and put it there!

Regardless, take a look and let me know whatcha think. Enjoy!!!

As long as your site isn't duplicating what Pete has going here, I'm all for it. I don't see any point in reinventing the wheel, though, so if any of your plans duplicate what's already in progress here, it would make more sense to contribute here than try to go it alone.

Don't be like a gal I met at a networking session some years ago (not Jeep-related). She was new to the area and wanted to network. I started to give her a bunch of names of people she should contact, who had some networks already in place.

"No," she said, "you don't understand. I want to start my OWN network."

In other words, she was all about herself and not really interested in true networking.

I DEFINITELY don't want to duplicate Pete, I'm looking to more or less complement what I've seen here and elsewhere, and put it in ONE place. The owner's section I mentioned previously was suggested by others, but after giving it some thought, I don't know if I'm going to add one. Sure, it would be nice, but if we already have that here, and I think we do, why do I want to overlap?

Wikipedia is great, and I have contributed to the Comanche article there, but my experience with that is not too good. It's so open to hackers that you never know what might show up on there. Trust me ... I wrote an in-depth article about the former Terre Haute House hotel (which was located in Terre Haute, IN, if anyone is interested) and literally spent weeks going back in there and fighting off ... ahem ... "changes" that were hacked in.

Finally, guys, the next page I'm going to add on the site will be a links page. If anyone has 'em, please send 'em my way and I'll put 'em on!

Jacob

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

Image Not Found

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want that 4x4 stripe SOOOO SOOOOO BAD!!!

iam gonna repaint my truck flat black, then get that stripe from light grey to dark

i copied that stripe on a custom 1/24 scale 4x4 rc truck i built..

Image Not Found

oh and nice site, and cool pics man

D'oh! Oh well, at least I know there are still a few around here. I did see a 2WD recently, but I never could find out whose it was or -- better still -- if I could buy it.

There's one (an '89 2WD) on eBay over in Boonville, IN, but I don't know if I want to try and fix whatever is causing it to, as the seller puts it, "spit and sputter" when you push down on the gas pedal.

Thanks for the comment about the site. I keep working at it, hoping to make it better every day. So far, I haven't manage to FUBAR it too badly!

JN