Radiator convertion

My radiator in my 89 Comanche is leaking and I have a 96 cherokee for a parts car(both have 4.0). Will there be any problems putting in the 96 radiator. I notice that the 89 has a pressurized overflow tank and the 96 does not. Do I want to change the overflow tanks as well?

No need to "burp" the system to remove air. also, many people, my self included have either cured there overheating problems, or it resulted in their engine running cooler. I believe Pete used an open system radiator in his closed system with no problems, if you don't feel like doing the full swap.

There are also some hose routing changes (i.e. - elimination of the hoses that go to and from the closed system tank) and a slightly different heater valve assembly (which you can get from the donor vehicle). If you choose, you can eliminate the heater valve assembly entirely (by using straight hoses to and from the heater core) but remember to cap the vaccum line if you do so.

You might also want to check and/or replace your thermostat in the process, and flush the cooling system.