My MJ

Hey y'all! Newbe to the site but not to Jeeps. I have owned a 94 XJ, 93 ZJ, 97 ZJ, and a 03 KJ. I currently have an 89 MJ. I have big plans for this one. To get started with the basics.... It's a 2wd, shortbed, 4cyl, 5spd, d35. I will be making it 4wd with a np231, d44 fr/rr., AX5. I have a RotoMaster T-4 turbo and JDM intercooler, planning on using a Megasquirt stand-alone fuel management system. I have just gotten my fingers on a 97+ front end, fenders installed and just need to wire in the front clip. Doors will be coming soon, I really dis-like the "split" window. I got the truck for $400 and drove it home. So far it's been quite a pill, Have found that it has been running really lean. So i did some checking over and had to rebuild the head, new fuel pump(still working on that), new O2 sensor, new map and TPS, new starter, new altenator, and installed my $15 New Optima Redtop. I have also upgraded the steering column to one with tilt and installed a center console from a Cherokee. I still need to fix the wipers (moves slow), install new horn, and figure out some other little odds and ends.

Here's some "before" pics.

Thank God...you don't have 4 harley mufflers on it :D :cheers:

HMMM. Sounds like there is a great story behind this comment.

just search "harley mufflers" and laugh about it. I was stepping off your "redneck" screen name to something a redneck did...

thats one sweet ride mine exact same thing as my comanche 89 4 banger 5 spd 2wd haha I'm going to swap my whole cherokee to it here soon

NICE!! jamminz.gif

I found that post on the mufflers.....feereaking helarious! :doh: But I guess I can't really knock it though, cuz it's different strokes for different folks. Plus, I've done some crazy shizz too.

i curious about your turbo set up. i have always wanted to do that on my 4 banger more detials would be nice please :brows:

Well, I won't be doing any of the fabricating or install until possibly spring-time. Basically I will relocating the battery and all wiring under the hood to give room for the turbo and to just clean stuff up. All of the factory injection stuff will be removed. Going to get an intake manifold from a newer MPFI 2.5L, including the throttle body and tps. As mentioned I will be using a Mega Squirt SFMS. With this system I have to build my own wire harness. The turbo will have a custom build solid mount bracket to the pass. side fender well. From there it's a matter of fitment/placement of the tubing for air and exhaust. My intercooler is mounted right in front of the radiator and is centered in the grille. I'll need to cut holes in the front headed panel to allow access to the intercooler inlet/outlet. I have a local hose store that sells high pressure/temp silicone hose specifically designed for turbos. I'll see about getting some rough idea pics soon.

So tonight I got bundled up and re-installed my fuel tank with the new pump in. It wasn't too bad at all considering I don't have a heated shop/garage or even a lean-too. Now I just need to fix the wiring going to the pump and I can fuel it up and see if my lean condition went away. Cross my fingers.