fancy new interior

Start hitting the yards. There were several upscale trim interiors used throughout the MJ/XJ years; Laredo, Country, leather heated seats, etc. Seats from any XJ up to 1993 are a direct bolt-in for the MJs, and door/dash panels and parts up to 1996 can be used. I preferred the Laredo interior and swapped in the seats from a 2-door XJ Laredo and all the rest 4-door XJ Laredo.

smalldash1.jpg

smalldoor.jpg

smallseats1.jpg

smallseats2.jpg

Seats from any XJ up to 1993 are a direct bolt-in for the MJs, and door/dash panels and parts up to 1996 can be used.

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought any XJ seats required some bracket modification - perhaps I misread before?

Seats from any XJ up to 1993 are a direct bolt-in for the MJs, and door/dash panels and parts up to 1996 can be used.

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought any XJ seats required some bracket modification - perhaps I misread before?

You have not misunderstood. You are correct assuming you have XJ buckets '93 or older. The floorpan bolt pattern (and shape) is completely different than the XJ. You would take your MJ bench seat brackets and grind the rivets off which separates the top have of the bracket from the bottom. That will give you the bottom of the bracket which mounts to your floor. Then use the top of XJ bucket brackets which will bolt directly to bottom half of your MJ brackets. Then you are good to go.

From the cab forward, the floor pans are about the only difference between an MJ and an XJ. That and the coolness factor of course. :clapping:

You have not misunderstood. You are correct assuming you have XJ buckets '93 or older. The floorpan bolt pattern (and shape) is completely different than the XJ. You would take your MJ bench seat brackets and grind the rivets off which separates the top have of the bracket from the bottom. That will give you the bottom of the bracket which mounts to your floor. Then use the top of XJ bucket brackets which will bolt directly to bottom half of your MJ brackets. Then you are good to go.

From the cab forward, the floor pans are about the only difference between an MJ and an XJ. That and the coolness factor of course. :clapping:

So what you're saying is, if I can find a set of MJ buckets, my life will be easier? I assume any MJ buckets bolt into any other MJ?

Yes, if you have the MJ bucket seat brackets, any XJ/MJ bucket seat 92 and below will bolt directly to them with no modifications. You can also use the bench seat brackets, but one bucket will be fixed (not slide). I have not done this, but someone will chime in.

Hey Don, Does your truck ALWAYS look like that? Have you ever considered driving it periodically? :rotf:

I drive it most everyday Gary. That color kind of hides the dirt. :cheers:

Look for the 97 + outside mirrors. Larger and a better field of view. I have done that.

Look at the 97 + door swap. Nice to get rid of the wing window. Have not done that.

Second on the Laredo interior. Have done that.

GM rear view mirror with map lights - Working on that.

Grab the under dash lights from a Cherokee - the fit right in existing wiring.