Stumbled across two of my loves...

dasbulliwagen

At my state inspection renewal class tonight at the Community college, and while on break, went into the shop to look around. On a lift is a nice 86 Comanche X being rebuilt. No plate on it but looks like the 2.8 motor is about done, and tranny ready to go back in. Black with a burgundy bucket seat interior, 5 speed, dana 30/35, Np207. Couldnt get the VIN, but left a card on what I could reach of the steering wheel cover. Then I look around and on a table is a type 1 VW dual port motor, ready to be torn down! SWEET! Ill be back here again wednesday, and I know the instuctors, so I think Ill have to ask about these finds and the students involved with them. Just thought Id share.

very cool. what color was the comanche x?

Brandon

Umm...

At my state inspection renewal class tonight at the Community college, and while on break, went into the shop to look around. On a lift is a nice 86 Comanche X being rebuilt. No plate on it but looks like the 2.8 motor is about done, and tranny ready to go back in. Black with a burgundy bucket seat interior, 5 speed, dana 30/35, Np207. Couldnt get the VIN, but left a card on what I could reach of the steering wheel cover. Then I look around and on a table is a type 1 VW dual port motor, ready to be torn down! SWEET! Ill be back here again wednesday, and I know the instuctors, so I think Ill have to ask about these finds and the students involved with them. Just thought Id share.

Slow down grasshoppa.

Rob L. 8)

Went back to second night of inspection class tonight, and saw the owner of the Comanche and spoke with him. He said he had checked us out and does have plans to join and start a build thread. He also had the rebuilt 2.8 ready to fire up! I wish him luck and hope he finds this place to his pleasure.

no idea why i said that

Brandon

You think it might be because you've made 563 post in less than 3 1/2 months and need to slow down a little by not being in such a hurry to make a comment or put your two cents into every thread somebody starts?

:dunno: Just guessing.

Back on topic: Does the kid know what he's got? I mean, does he really know or does he seem more like the type that just found a truck because it was cheap and decided to rebuild the motor as a shop class project?

I also wish he came on here BEFORE deciding to rebuild the 2.8L motor :D Although, I commend him for tearing it down and making it new again. I learned how to rebuild a motor on a GM 3.8L V6 in my auto tech classes. It was going into what we called 'the rail' - a Buick sedan with the roof, doors, and quarter panels all removed and a flatbed installed in place of the interior. Used for hauling tools/parts to and from the parking lot. Also used as a teachers guide on different automotive systems since they were pretty well exposed :D

Back on topic: Does the kid know what he's got? I mean, does he really know or does he seem more like the type that just found a truck because it was cheap and decided to rebuild the motor as a shop class project?

I also wish he came on here BEFORE deciding to rebuild the 2.8L motor :D Although, I commend him for tearing it down and making it new again. I learned how to rebuild a motor on a GM 3.8L V6 in my auto tech classes. It was going into what we called 'the rail' - a Buick sedan with the roof, doors, and quarter panels all removed and a flatbed installed in place of the interior. Used for hauling tools/parts to and from the parking lot. Also used as a teachers guide on different automotive systems since they were pretty well exposed :D

Hes actually a 40 something (I think) back to school, hes had the truck for several years and is on a TINY budget. I asked him about the 3.4 option, but he didnt seem to think he could afford that route, so he did what he could do. Hes got a kid getting ready to drive, and is need of another vehicle so the kid will take his XJ, and he'll drrive the MJ.

I actually did some statistics on the point mentioned above using a random selection of 20 threads. There is a 67.9% chance that btm24 will be the first reply to any new thread made on this forum.
Since he beet me to it ..... What "Rymanrph" said. :rotf:

I actually did some statistics on the point mentioned above using a random selection of 20 threads. There is a 67.9% chance that btm24 will be the first reply to any new thread made on this forum.

all i have to say is that 67.9% is a D :D

Brandon