Lifting my 87mj

Thinking of doing a cheapo lift. I have a new set of front springs from a grand cherokee V8 MY1998. I will swap out the front springs with these. In the rear i'm thinking of using 2" blocks under the springs. The shocks i'll buy from Rancho.My truck is 2WD,but I miss my Cherokee, not that i'll go offroading with it. Has anyone tried this set-up? What are your thoughts on this.

You don't have a Cherokee any more. The MJ rear springs are under the axle -- blocks will lower it, not raise it.

Those ZJ V8 springs are good for about 1 inch in the front. You can get about the same in the rear using extended shackles. Just remember that you need shackles 2 inches longer than stock to get 1 inch of lift.

Should've looked under the truck first! My bad :doh: So i'll need to look for some type of shakle kit that'll have four right? :bowdown:

Four what? Four inches, or four shackles?

The ZJ springs are going to give you ONE inch in front, so you need ONE inch in the rear. Look for shackles 2 inches longer than stock.