88 comanche resurection

So the comanche thats been taking up my parents garage for almost 3 years now I'm ready to make right again.

Backround History, i bought it from a dealer in pa with about 60000 original miles back around 9 years ago, it has been my baby(among others). Also buying it from a dealer who never titled it i am the original owner even tho i was 6 when it was made. ;) Anyway, just a few of the mods; Dana 44 swapped in the rear with a soa lift with custom leaf packs and greasable extended shackles. Dana 30 front, ACOS, 4.5 rustys lift springs, i forget the company of the drop bracket control arms, currrie draglink, skyjacker tie rod, custom sway bar with removable option, steering box brace, and other stuff. Custom bumper with 8000lb winch and lights etc and other goodies. Blah blah 33x9.5 bfg all terrains on 15x8 rims

So anyway, i had removed my starter to put in my other commy bout 2 years ago and shes had a hole sitting empty; i just got a starter and bolted it up tonight threw a battery in and cranked. Massive fuel spewing from Injector O- rings :mad: So I'm hoping ill do the injector o rings tomorrow or the next day and thatll fire her up

i want-need to do many fixes and upgrades until i get her back up to my toughness standards

i already ordered and have the rugged ridge knuckle to knuckle steering setup( install that) (once i put the front back together) I hooked and engine hoist to it and pulled out the coils and shocks to drop it down for ease of engine work(since i just had spinal fusion in april) To be continued.....

Comanche Club Image Hosting :thumbsup:

Ill work on the photo bucket stuff

In the meantime i put the new injector orings in and in leaked from the fuel pressure reg to fuel rail oring, typical. But she did fire up jamminz.gif

Tomorrow to get the other orings and the fuel line intake rings and spacer

Comanche Club Image Hosting :thumbsup:

Ill work on the photo bucket stuff

In the meantime i put the new injector orings in and in leaked from the fuel pressure reg to fuel rail oring, typical. But she did fire up jamminz.gif

Tomorrow to get the other orings and the fuel line intake rings and spacer

They don't sell the orings and fuel line intake; they only sell the regulator with orings. around 55 from autozone; I told em to give me just another 9 set of fuel injector o rings. The one that was leaking was the same as the injector o ring so i fugured 9 bucks is better and 55.

I put it back together tonight and it fired up with no leakage. Just runnin. also threw in an accel fuel ballast resistor i had sittin around for it. didnt get much run time with my son sleepin and the 40 series flow hummin. Ill let him run for a bit tomorrow while hes up and see how she does :cheers:

So i got time to fire it up and no fuel leaks. But i did have to straighten out the idler pulley(non-grooved) So when i finally got time to run it the idler was locking up intermintently. So i went to autozone today and picked up a new one today for 22 bucks. I bolted it on and fired her up; I'm letting her getting some idle time and ive gotten the stat to open so she pumpin freeze. While i was at it i noticed i need new motor mounts. any suggestions on who whom youve gotten??

Also I'm turning a new leaf over for my other 88 commy. 29x10.5 super swampers. I made a nss bypass the nuetral safety switch(which I'm in the process of taking apart) Like a press button switch wired to the starter and battery. It cranked great and ran off starter fluid. So I'm getting spark but no fuel. THe pump could easily be shot, just making sure everthing is kosher before i replace the pump....... Any ideas? i have the truck in park( as per park pawl)

NO Hum of Fuel pump kicking on when ignition is turned. Either relay or pump??

Also I'm turning a new leaf over for my other 88 commy. 29x10.5 super swampers. I made a nss bypass the nuetral safety switch(which I'm in the process of taking apart) Like a press button switch wired to the starter and battery. It cranked great and ran off starter fluid. So I'm getting spark but no fuel. THe pump could easily be shot, just making sure everthing is kosher before i replace the pump....... Any ideas? i have the truck in park( as per park pawl)

NO Hum of Fuel pump kicking on when ignition is turned. Either relay or pump??

btw, the nss is covered in mud and grime :dunno: so its not just "sliding off". lol

btw, its gonna be tough to turn the key and get under the truck in 2-3 seconds to see if the test light energizes before the relay shuts it off. Can u get in bed after flipping the switch before the lights turn off?

• 3 months later...

Back to Comanche in the garage. Picked up a hd drop trac bar mount and track bar. I also have a new knuckle to knuckle setup to install as well. I also have new used hub bearings from the axle i just bought to put under the other manche ( i used the old hub bearings cause i swapped the knuckles so the brakes would work). I have acos in the front but only a 4.5 inch spring to put in there. I don't want the acos too extended. Lookin for 6 inch coil springs for the front currently. And also a rubicon dana 44. I wish..

Great. Another mj owner who is not a computer genius. At least you know how to wrench. The last "big" (to me) thing I did was change the fuel injectors. Got it done, proud of myself for not dropping any of the clips and losing them, but later realized after about every knuckle was bleeding and it took me 3 times as long as it should have, I will pay someone else to do it. I have found a reliable, honest mechanic so I have peace of mind, just not a lot of dollars! Can't wait to see pics. I still have problems but I am married to a tech writer so she can fix all my problems.

Buck.

P.S. Would love to see pics of both trucks.