For those that did the 3.4 swap

:hmm: I don't rember , whats it matter anyhow? besides yer gona be using all the 2.8 ignition stuff as the 3.4 uses distributorless ignition and just has the bottom part of a distributor to drive the oil pump where the dizzy goes .

My 2.8L has a distributor and I'm using it on the 3.4L

:hmm: I don't rember , whats it matter anyhow? besides yer gona be using all the 2.8 ignition stuff as the 3.4 uses distributorless ignition and just has the bottom part of a distributor to drive the oil pump where the dizzy goes .

My 2.8L has a distributor and I'm using it on the 3.4L

ok here maby this will help , strait out of Alldata

Disconnect electrical connector from ignition coil.

Disconnect electrical leads to ignition switch and tachometer, if equipped.

Using a suitable screwdriver, rotate distributor cap latches counterclockwise, then remove distributor cap and position out of way.

Disconnect vacuum hose from vacuum advance unit, if equipped.

Mark position of distributor rotor to distributor housing and position of distributor housing to engine.

Remove distributor hold down clamp bolts and hold down clamp.

Carefully pull distributor upward until rotor stops turning counterclockwise and again mark position of rotor to distributor housing.

Remove distributor from engine.

Reverse procedure to install, aligning positioning marks made during removal. After completing installation, check ignition timing. If engine was disturbed while distributor was removed, proceed as follows:

Remove spark plug from No. 1 cylinder.

With finger positioned over No. 1 spark plug opening, slowly rotate engine until compression is felt.

Align timing mark on damper with TDC mark on timing degree scale.

Position rotor at a point between No. 1 and No. 3 spark plug terminals on distributor cap for 4-151 engines. For V6-173 engines, position rotor at a point between No. 1 and No. 2 spark plug wire terminals on distributor cap.

Install distributor on engine and complete installation.