I have a little XJ question

mythreesons

For those who have been around the block once or twice...........

Son #3 has a 92 XJ with power seats. The seat "base/track/whatever the name is" has finally given it's last. We are working on finding another power "base/track/whatever the name is" but can't get to a PNP until maybe Sunday or even a week later. Even then, we won't know if they have any power seats until we get there.

Does a manual seat "base/track/whatever the name is" bolt to the floor the same? I can find a manual real close for $30. to hold him over until we find a power one.

I am assuming that changing the seat over to the new base is a simple matter of removing the bolts move to the new base and install the bolts, right?

He says the rocking chair thing is a pain to drive with. :rotf:

Sinkrun, he has the curved power seats in there now. After reading in the DIY and seeing that very picture that akamcbird posted, I think those are called rockers. I don't think that his frame will transfer to the straight manual track units. Thanks though for trying.

Correy, are you ready to start tearing the 88 apart? I thought you were holding on until you got the 91 in running shape again. Are the seats in your 88 the rocker type?

The 88 XJ needs just as much, if not more, work to get it drivable and inspect able in the great state of Missouri. I don't need another XJ moving at this point, and I think it's worth more to part it out than to try to sell it for $100.

I honestly have no idea what kind the seats are, but they're probably rocker.

Son #3 and I went to see Correy this afternoon. He grabbed a seat from Correy's 88XJ while Correy and I talked. Brought it home, cleaned it up and put it in. After learning to lift his big heavy legs, he figured out how to work the rocker mechanism. He is much appreciative.

Thanks Correy! :clapping: