second time to welding (fourth time)

comanche12

i know some of you guys r practice on welding too so i just want to share with you guys. i welding the replacement frame for the rear on cj7.

BTW: i didnt used the argon since i don't have one

Before

After

its not finish since it been cramp spot to welding during rear passenger side wheel is block my way.

not bad for my second time welding?

• 2 weeks later...
man 30+ years wow I'm sure he can weld anything under water ;)

i know i gotta ned argon. ill someday when my brother and i got job

haha he made my bumper like it was nothing with a mig welder and its some thick stuff :yes:

i can do some decent welding but anything like this i let the old man handle it :rotf:

haha thats look awesome but my personal i would get square tube to match the box shape truck.

still look awesome tho!

that bumper didnt cost me anything :brows: i just went and dug throug the piles of scrap metal and found that pipe and some plate steel. got it alll together and put some d hooks on it (we have a whole bucket of them :yes: ) then i wanted a hitch so we welded the hitch beneath it. so i got the bumper for about 4 hours of work :brows: :eek:

that weld looks kinda thin :dunno: you may wanna spend allitle more time and double up that weld because I'm not sure how much that will hold... just go alot slower and don't just go straight across rock up and down at the same time to get a nice thick weld. those little beads will hold stuff together, but you don't want to weld to crack and the whole piece to fall off. :smart:

that weld looks kinda thin :dunno: you may wanna spend allitle more time and double up that weld because I'm not sure how much that will hold... just go alot slower and don't just go straight across rock up and down at the same time to get a nice thick weld. those little beads will hold stuff together, but you don't want to weld to crack and the whole piece to fall off. :smart:

i know its kinda thin becausde i runout of wires already. the recently pic is more thick and better beads layers

• 2 weeks later...

i know its kinda thin becausde i runout of wires already. the recently pic is more thick and better beads layers

That most recent weld is looking good :yes:

That most recent weld is looking good :yes:

thanks!

How come that plate isn't lined up with the frame?

its won't sit in since because of other frame block the way. gotta to trim alot but the rear peice sit perfect which good enough to hold the rear leaf spring bracket thingy