Well its no MJ, but it certainly is Unique

MJ is dead

So I stumbled upon a new DD while rustiling through Craigslist last week and stumbled upon this

Image Not Found

Now she aint too pretty upon first glance, but is something else. Its an 89 Audi 200 Avant Wagon. Turbo 5Cylinder, Quattro (AWD), 5spd. LOADED

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The paint is Pearl white, the interior is black leather with heated seats, it has an e-locker on the rear diff. This thing is pretty darn quick too. As far as road noise goes while driving it, well, what road noise?

Original sticker price in 89? $42,000 :eek:

Its a pretty damn nice ride (aside from the god awful roof rack :ack: )

But....here's the news you guys arent gonna like. I'm Trading the MJ for it. I need something a little more dependable, people hauling friendly, and efficient. Fear not my fellow Jeepers, Ive made some good friends here, and I'll not be leaving anytime soon. I just won't have much to talk about in terms of MJ tech anymore :rotf:

Yeah they were Jim, but Audi scoffed it off as Driver Error. lol

I really didn't like it at first either, but then I remembered Beauty is only skin deep.

So far I havent heard a single bad thing about the 5cyl audis, but every rig has its quirks

Yeah they were Jim, but Audi scoffed it off as Driver Error. lol

I really didn't like it at first either, but then I remembered Beauty is only skin deep.

So far I havent heard a single bad thing about the 5cyl audis, but every rig has its quirks

Was it that Audi drivers were all :nuts: back then,

or were the brake & accelerator too close together, or ?

I guess all the sudden vehicle acceleration people are buying Toyota's now. :doh:

Good Luck with it,

still way better than buying a generic Honda-Toyota.

image_209027.gif

The "e-locker" is a vacuum actuated sliding clutch, basically a spool. and IIRC is in your center diff with a torsen rear, but I might be wrong, check the control panel for three switch positions and two indicator lights, if only one light is present, its location corresponds with the diff.

Is the car a 10V or 20V?

Dependable has different meanings everywhere.

that thing is gonna suck to get parts, and it will have issues. I work on many newer audi's, as well as the customers that won't five up their 80's audi's, its a wealthier area, and they spend close to a grand every time they're in. have fun with that :thumbsup: head gasket likes to leak to.