flexinout's MJ build

Since I've owned it I have ordered and installed a rusty's adjustable track bar to recenter my axle,removed the fender flares and I purchased cheap les schwab 31x10.5's since my 235/75's were showing wires.

Here is a little sway bar installed flex on the local 4wheel parts rti ramp.It made it up 4ft.

Then I wondered how far i could get up backwards......my answer was just under 9ft.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been on here in a while, mostly because of work and the mj

so I pulled the head and you could see where it just flat out blew out. I took it to the local shop and for 60 bucks had every surface plained and had the head hot tanked. After I got it back I lapped the valves then installed new stem seals.

After lap-

Ordered the felpro SD head gasket and ordered new head bolts. Decided the valve cover needed to be painted so I hit it with some mopar orange

After I gathered various other gaskets and all i put the top end back together. I picked up a lifetime radiator from autozone for 109 and started converting to open loop. I located a heater control valve from a 91 and ran brand new hose.

I also decided I wanted a bigger trans cooler so I snagged one from the local yard from an exploder

Fits pretty well. I have a 10" efan in front of my condensor on the passenger side so it worked out well.

also deleted all hard vac lines and ran my own, put a k&n e-1009 directly on the intake tube and used 5/8 barbs to plumb the ccv and fuel tank vent.

I thought about that and stopped going up

THanks, I still have a bunch of stuff I'd like to do to it, ie rear locker, bpi fab winch bumper, and some other general care. next step is new oil pan seeing as mine still leaks even with a new gasket and u/b all joints up front.

During the Headgasket job I also did the xj cluster swap. I did a decent job notching for the shift indicator and the cluster was only 1400 miles off from my dummy cluster so i just left it.

• 2 weeks later...

She's got 450 miles since rebirth with pretty much no issues (knock on wood)

Discovered when I run the fuel pump until the shut off clicks I loose a whole bunch of fuel from the tank and if its full and i turn sharp i get some spill out..... i suspect cracked filler neck hose. Anyone else have a similar issue?