Water Pump was Installed with the Wrong Gasket??

This isn't strictly MJ related as it's for a 2000 XJ but it is 4L so I figured it's close enough. My friend's 2000 has had mysterious coolant loss since he purchased it and I figured it was the 0331 cyl head casting. He had a few other issues so he brought it by and, in the process of digging around the engine bay I discovered that the thing has the wrong water pump gasket! You can clearly see an unused bolt hole in the gasket at the 2 o'clock position and you can also see that the top bolt has no gasket above the bolt. I suppose it's also possible the gasket was not clocked correctly with respect to the water pump but, from what I can see, it looks like the wrong gasket. Was Toledo really this bad?? :nuts:

The WJ block used a different bolt configuration than the previous blocks, using 5 bolts instead of 4. Chrysler recut the H2O pump gaskets to fit either application, with the new gaskets actually having 6 bolts holes in them.

The WJ block used a different bolt configuration than the previous blocks, using 5 bolts instead of 4. Chrysler recut the H2O pump gaskets to fit either application, with the new gaskets actually having 6 bolts holes in them.

This makes sense. I would imagine they recut it so it would harder to mess up during install. A guy at work has an '01 so perhaps I can look under his hood and see if it's the same.