Window won't roll up

Went and looked at an 89 eliminator today an the only problem i found with the truck its that the PS window wouldn't roll up. The lady said she had just rolled the window down before i got there. When i went to roll it up, it sounded like something wasn't catching. The teeth on the window crank and the stud that comes out of the door looked fine. I wonder if the window is off the track? How hard is it to fix this? Any help is appreciated

:cheers:

There is a coil in the door. The ends rot and brake off so the window can't catch. My PS does this too, I have a new regulator to put in tho. If you pull the door panel and lift up on the window and start cranking the window crank it should catch.

mine does that. I just can't roll it down past a certain point or it jams. try pulling up on the window while rolling and see if yours is the same as mine.

Same problem here on my passenger side. Same fix.

I just don't roll my window down the whole way on the passenger side.

More than likely it's the coil, snake thingy that everyone has mentioned. However, if you roll it down and it goes below the rubber wipes and will not go all the way up, then the swivel that attaches the window to the coil has flipped. My write-up should help you out if you decide to replace the coils.

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... =9&t=12404

:cheers: