which 8.8? there are a dozen different 8.8s out there. Ford threw it under everything from crown vics, to aerostars to the IRS explorers (uses an 8.8 center section). all have varying widths and bolt patterns. The one you'll be looking for are under 95-01 Explorers (right bolt pattern, nearly the right width, disk brakes). don't get a 3.73 unless you have a plan for matching in the front.

and try real hard to get the flange bolts and calipers with the axle. the core charge on the calipers is insane. but the flange bolts are available from Ford. Do not use anything but the ford bolts. they are metric and very strong.

MORE is real proud of that flange, alljeep.com has it for 26 bucks (was 22 when I got it.) http://www.alljeep.com/oscommerce/produ ... _id=167208

and try real hard to get the flange bolts and calipers with the axle. the core charge on the calipers is insane. but the flange bolts are available from Ford. Do not use anything but the ford bolts. they are metric and very strong.

Agreed. Don't be afraid to use a little heat on them (a butane pocket torch works great) to get them unscrewed, they use red loctite on them and I could not budge them with a 3 foot cheater on my breaker bar before I applied heat.

At least on d30 calipers, core charge is 10 bucks or so, but I like to get them anyways, seems silly not to. When I buy an axle they generally don't charge me for the calipers/stuff attached to it, since I end up buying an axle every few weeks on average they just like the repeat business :brows:

ok thanks guys. i forgot to put that i was lookin for a exploder 8.8. you can get them for 125 bucks at the loco u yank it. I'm gonna try and find one with 4.10s and a locker. what about the spring pads. are they the same width or will i have to cut them and move them? also this is goin to be a street truck. thanks again

nothing matches the MJ spring pad location except another MJ. :thumbsup:

oh, and the axles are identical between v6 and v8 explorers. only the outer brackets are different. If there are several choices in the yard, you can slap the best rotors and calipers you find on the axle with the right gears. :D