cable modem....yeah baby!

mjeff87

yes they are nice. but you can make em even faster if you have new cables/connectors put in for it also. the moment you hit enter/send/whtevr the page is up and fully loaded. my grandpa just did that and his was takin a sec or two to load but now its like instant. out here in farm land we don't even have cable so I'm stuck on dial up though.

Alex

I got all new junk ;) . The install tech (my wife didn't trust that I could do it myself :nuts: ) spent about 5 hours here yesterday, poor guy. I helped him run all new line from the outside box to the router, and we ran a new line to the wall jack by the PC (upstairs).

I could implode each cable modem I see.

I work for Time-Warner cable, specifically. road runner Internet, as a tech.

drives me absolutely looney

that bad huh?

we never have a problem with the modem... its the :mad: darned wireless thats the real PITA... disconnects if you use to much at once.

My brother does the same thing as you. I now know why he drinks so much, and twitches all the time.......

that bad huh?

we never have a problem with the modem... its the :mad: darned wireless thats the real PITA... disconnects if you use to much at once.

oh hell, Ihear yah. my wireless is bulletproof though (thank god Sympatico acctually has decent wireless routers) . Timewarner wireless is junk, so are the modems.

mjeff87, I know. I'm 17 and I'm just glad Ive got an mj and no money, if I did, Id be drinking!