I finally found a deal .....

Ok , I'll admit I was jealous of mr Jimoshel for snatching up a super deal on that free MJ the other day , so I've been holding off for a sweet deal . I figured thats not the kind of thing I'm ever lucky enough to find .

Well I was wrong . Just by chance I had come across an add on NAXJA about a guy who had a project that needed finishing , originally it was posted for 1200. then 1000 about a week later . To my luck no one snatched it up

before I could get my hands on it . :banana:

Gentlemen , meet our newest edition to our family , say hello to Bam-Bam ...

He's a 91" SWB Sport-truck , 4 cyl , 2wd , D35 w/410 gears . Motor runs rough but runs , steering sucks and there are some cosmetic issues I'll have to deal with . However it rides like a champ and smooth and quiet .

Picked him up for 500 $ . By far my best deal I've ever found .

Image Not Found

These are some picks of the work I did today , not bad for a days work .

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

All the extra parts he came with ..

Image Not Found

They finally meet ..

I got a new battery , hooked up the intake and rewired the terminals on the battery cables ...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Got the saggy headliner out as well .

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Ran out of sunlight ...

:cheers:

Great find. Man I wish my wife would let me have two. Looks like it is in great shape. Is there not a lot of salt used in Co Springs? Any big plans for it after your first is done?

No rust anywhere , its actually cleaner than my 92" , its actually funny everything that works on the 91" doesn't on the 92" and vise versa , however Bam-Bam is way too clean to part into the 92" ( Pebbles ) .

Future plans are mainly based off of a street truck foundation , I'm going to keep it a DD but my ultimate goal is to run this as a drivable street rod .

Plans include :

LS1 V8 swap

Direct port fuel injection

4 linked D60 W/ 410/411's depending on tire and motor selection .

Probably going with a column shift auto 3 or 4 speed trans ( don't know whats available )

All this is a pipe dream but we'll see , the body and all other components will be restored , not modified .

Does that mean there will be a 3rd grandpa jeep roaming these parts?!?

I might have to put my plaid seat cover back ob if the competition gets feirce :rotfl2:

It's on!

(furiously digs through JC Whitney catalog for gun rack, curb feelers, and chrome plastic hub caps)

Does that mean there will be a 3rd grandpa jeep roaming these parts?!?

I might have to put my plaid seat cover back ob if the competition gets feirce :rotfl2:

It's on!

(furiously digs through JC Whitney catalog for gun rack, curb feelers, and chrome plastic hub caps)

:rotfl2:

Don't forget the topper that does't fit ...

damn, I had one of those and gave it away. :fs1:

(I even had a chunk of diamondplate covering up the gap :yes: )

I already have the gun rack jim! :D

:bowdown:

Even if I got chrome blinker posts for the front bumper, I can't compete with a plaid seat cover AND a gun rack. :ack:

(from the sounds of it, I just KNOW that plaid seat cover has the magazine pouch on the front edge :doh: )

damn, I had one of those and gave it away. :fs1:

(I even had a chunk of diamondplate covering up the gap :yes: )

I already have the gun rack jim! :D

:bowdown:

Even if I got chrome blinker posts for the front bumper, I can't compete with a plaid seat cover AND a gun rack. :ack:

(from the sounds of it, I just KNOW that plaid seat cover has the magazine pouch on the front edge :doh: )

:rotfl2:

At least I still have the topper ...

Alright ! He sailed the maiden voyage yesterday and all is well , there is a nock from the timing chain tensioner so this week I'll be putting in a new timing chain .

Other than that the gear box is smooth , syncro's are all buttery and the suspension is sound . I thought it was going to be in worse shape for 500 bucks .

The 2.5 with 410's really scoot with only two wheel drive and a much lighter truck than the 92" 4x4 . I felt the difference on the car dolly , the 92" bogged down the crappy

ford really bad , I also felt the trailer yanking the truck around more than the 91" , its amazing how much weight I've thrown into the 92" .

First time I've seen that design for a SporTruck. Is that stock for 91, or custom?

It looks like good inspiration for when I take care of the rust spots on my SporTruck.

Yeah, for the most part all the stickers bed and motor is all stock . I did find out it has an aluminum 4.0 HO radiator , buckets from an XJ , and steering from a chevy .. :dunno:

Drivetrain is all stock with a turdy five . Stock slider and the console is from an XJ . It may have come with buckets because there hasn't been any modification to the bolts or floor brackets .

I think its kinda cool but it was built in the half year of 90" so I guess it could have been some of the first Chrysler production trucks ... :dunno:

It has old school sport truck stripes but Chrysler drivetrain , even though it looks like they changed the 2.5's design slightly from 91"-92" , I've been finding this out trying to replace the timing chain and tensioner in the 91" .

So maybe its a half Renix half Chrysler .. :dunno:

He's a mystery boat thats for sure .