The First 2011 Grand Cherokee Commercial

JpComancheKid

i don't want to sound bad but i don't like a lot of the newer jeeps it looks like it has very low ground clerance and it looks like it is made of plastic and would break apart but very nice interior tho

i do like the wranglers tho lol

but in the jp mag i get i saw a new concept they have came out with the nukizer google it its a bada** jeep

Just my opinion but real Jeeps are dead / no longer manufactured. The JK is ok I guess, not my cup of tea though. When I look at the past Jeep brands starting with the willys, I think of all the history, realiability and the fact that "MADE IN THE USA" :USAflag: :clapping: still meant something.

When they stopped making the Cherokee, that was the final nail in the coffin if you ask me. Hell, even my "last of the the great breed" 2001 Cherokee isn't a real jeep either. :brows: Damnit I miss my CJ7..... :(

Ahh memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMfEJi3_gZ4

:cheers:

Check out the review of the 2011 Grand in the Aug issue of Four Wheeler. Its a good article that sheds some light on the new Grands. I despise the IFS but then again its meant to compete with other luxury 4x4s. Then there's the Quadra Drive II system which is the cats meow from what I've read. Much better that the old Quadra Trac. The new grand also has airbags so you can lift the vehicle on demand...not that it turns into a super buggy but it would be a nice thing to have on a Jeep that nice. Also the front air damn is made to be easily removed by hand for offroading.

I thought the commercial was awesome btw.

Made in America! (By FIAT *cough*) ;)

Anyone else notice the rear license plate panel is large enough for a euro plate? ;)

Again, I am going to end up going against the grain here.

I like it. It appears to be well built, and has gotten excellent reviews. It's not what we like as a group, but its made to compete with luxury suv's... you can't be equal in ride with a set of solid axles. It's less about what we as enthusiasts want anymore, its about what will sell. I think that it has potential to do well.

As for the euro plate thing, take a look next time you are cursing down the road. Cherokee's have it, blazers have it, caravan's have it... most small domestic cars have provisions for it.

I like the commercial, and feel that it does what they are trying to do, and instill some pride into an American product. Fiat designed or not, its still built in America, by Americans.

Rob L. :USAflag:

I was joking. I know EVERY car nearly has the euro plate cut out that also is sold in countries outside the US. I spend much of my time outside the US, afterall. I put a winky smily on the post for a reason.

However, I think it's for soccer moms. It's a woman's vehicle. Not one for a man. No winky there. As for build quality, it won't last very long, and will have the same build the current Cherokees have or worse. Nothing is overbuilt anymore, and computers are used liberally to massage every bit of profit out of a car possible - which usually goes against longevity and ruggedness when it comes to soccer mom vehicles.

WYK

Made in America! (By FIAT *cough*) ;)

Anyone else notice the rear license plate panel is large enough for a euro plate? ;)

Again, I am going to end up going against the grain here.

I like it. It appears to be well built, and has gotten excellent reviews. It's not what we like as a group, but its made to compete with luxury suv's... you can't be equal in ride with a set of solid axles. It's less about what we as enthusiasts want anymore, its about what will sell. I think that it has potential to do well.

As for the euro plate thing, take a look next time you are cursing down the road. Cherokee's have it, blazers have it, caravan's have it... most small domestic cars have provisions for it.

I like the commercial, and feel that it does what they are trying to do, and instill some pride into an American product. Fiat designed or not, its still built in America, by Americans.

Rob L. :USAflag:

In my opinion, "JEEP" doesn't mean what it used to. I'm not an expert or anything, but Jeeps aren't built for the same reasons anymore :shake: ....like a number of you have said. It has kinda sold out to please the masses. Pretty soon the grand cherokee will just be another minivan. It kinda looks like the Compass or Patriot to me. The last one that had any potential was the 2004 model, before IFS. The Liberty was the beginning of the end. soapbox.gif Oh well, I guess we just have to get our hands on as many "real Jeeps" as possible while we still can. jamminz.gif

I hope to have "my" 2011 WK in a few weeks. I'll give it a good workout. It should have the quadradrive and air ride suspension with the selec-terrain t-case, but with the 3.6 Pentastar engine instead of the Hemi.

As far as all the comments of the "good old Jeeps", I was around for the CJ7's, Grand Wagoneers and J10's, when they were new. Even though I love them all, they were poorly running, bad handling, low quality vehicles. I would take any new Jeep product (well, except for the Compass/ Patriots ) as a DD over any of the historical Jeeps.

Sometimes us Jeepers are our own worst enemy. Why do we have to be so serious??? :fs1:

I used to be a Jeep Snob, then I found religion... :no:

And so tonight I pray to the Jeep Gods to grant me more understanding and acceptance of lesser Jeeps than my MJ, I'm also going to pray that other Jeepers see the light and recognize the error of their ways and sell all of their non-jeep vehicles and of course buy MJs as replacements - and until they do, I promise not to judge them for it. In addition, I will ask the Jeep Gods to align the planets and grant me my wish to drive my MJ to Moab for next years Easter Jeep Safari. I'm also going to pray that I win the lottery, not because I want the money, but because I wish to start a Jeep school to teach poorer inner city youth about the legacy of the Jeep brand (what else do they need?), With the money I'd also buy a fleet of specially designed winter Jeeps, that way if there's another Typhoid epidemic in Nome, Alaska in the dead of winter some poor sap doesn't have to ride a freakin dog sled for 1,000 miles to save people - he'll have a nice warm Jeep to ride in. In closing, I'm also going to pray to the Jeep gods to rid the ocean of its salt content, because it causes really bad corrosion and fish don't need salt anyway. :thumbsup: