AAL lift?

ok my 91 already has a 3" lift on it and i don't have the money to go spend on a kit. all i am looking for is just maybe 2 more inches front and rear. i have coil spacers for the front but was wondering what the best way would be to add to the back. if i took and threw in one more leaf from an MJ pack would that get me enough lift? or is there some other way that would be better?

Alex

Go SOA and see what it turns out to be. If its to much just sell the lift you have now and buy front peices.Plus with that much lift you will have issues with steering and trac bar. So your really need to get a List KIT for the front or make a Bastard one out of your fav pieces to set things right.

Cole

Yes I do, they are factory or near factory length. So no real lift potential with their use...

I was going to suggest a longer shackle. A 7.5" shackle will net you near the 2" you need and is WAY easier than a SOA which will net you close to 5" BTW.

CW

I don't know why I didn't think shackles, lol. That's how I lifted my truck, derr.

I just welded flat bar onto mine to make them 4.5" longer for 2.25" of lift. They're friggin huge, but, eh, who cares.

They're welded all the way around on the inside, welded where the flat bar contacts the shackle on the top, and rosetted through the old shackle hole.

I still need to brace em, but I'm very comfortable with them even like this.

I don't know why I didn't think shackles, lol. That's how I lifted my truck, derr.

I just welded flat bar onto mine to make them 4.5" longer for 2.25" of lift. They're friggin huge, but, eh, who cares.

They're welded all the way around on the inside, welded where the flat bar contacts the shackle on the top, and rosetted through the old shackle hole.

I still need to brace em, but I'm very comfortable with them even like this.

how thick of steel did ya use? how long were the peices that you used? that is almost perfect length for what i am looking to do and i have tons of scrap metal to use to make em then reinforce them with a tube inbetween so they would be bullet proof. thanks.

Alex

I think it's 2"x3/16" flat bar, and I know it's 4-1/2" longer eye-to-eye than stock, and then maybe an inch below the bolt holes of extra material, and 2 inches above for some extra weld

So four 7-1/2" pieces of 2"x3/16" flat bar, I guess.

I may reinforce them with a piece of 2"x2"x.120" tubing half way down the gap, but I've never ran reinforcement in shackles I've made, and the MJ ones have it up top, so, eh.

Feerocknok

That looks like a MIGHTY short rear brake line you have there!!! :eek:

You DEFINEATELY NEED to get some reinforcement onthose shackles!! WOW. I thought MINE where long at 7 3/4" eye to eye!! Yours are OVER 9"!!! :eek: :roll:

CW