WTB 1991-92 Two Door XJ wiring harness

johnj92131

I am looking for the power window/door lock/power mirror door harness (left and right doors). Plus looking for the cross body harness for same.

Heck, I would even take the full wiring harness from the complete 91 - 92 two door XJ.

Anybody got one or see it at the local Pick a Part yard?

Thanks,

johnj92131

• 2 weeks later...

Bump on this. Still looking for a 2 door XJ door wiring harness with power windows and door locks. Have the 2 door switches and older door harnesses.

My Comanche is a 91, so need a 92 or 92 door harness.

Anybody have it?

These are hard to find as you know. I opted to make my own cross-body harnesses for my 91 using modified OEM window switches/pigtails (didn't want power locks) and power mirror switch/pigtail in the console. Once you figure out the wiring it's easy.

Don,

Are you using the 2 door switch panel or the 4 door switch panel?

I am using the 2 door switches with the 4 door harness in door, so I can not control the passenger window. Shop ran a ground so the passenger door window switch would function.

Also using cross body harness from a 4 door Cherokee right now. Understand I may have too much of a bastardized system.

I would like to have the power door locks function. Is there anything else I need to get the door locks functioning? Something like a "body control module"????

Also, FYI, I have a pair of pre 1991 two door wiring harnesses to work with. One for each door but no pre 91 cross body harness.

I had some really weird electrical issues. Finally took the truck to a shop. They cut out a bastardized trailer harnes an just about all the problems were gone. Shop said I needed a "body control module" to get the power door locks functioning. Does this make sense?

Think your suggestion of a custom harness makes the most sense. Been screwing with this for a year, of and on. (Can do that when the truck only gets used 4-500 miles a year)

When you say "switch/pigtail" I am assuming you cut the wires in the door switch then spliced in the cross body wires? No plugs, just soldered connections?

I used a 2-gang switch for my drivers side window (from a passenger side door), and a 1-gang switch (from an XJ rear door) for passenger door. Kept it simple; I didn't put in power door locks. The only plugs I used were at the door window switches; the stock molded plugs. I think the "body control module" is from the security system? Not sure. I have plenty of these switches and panels and pigtails. Send me your email address and I can send schematics on how I wired my power windows and mirrors up. -Don

Yes, body control module did not make much sense to me. Did not have much faith in the shop. Took weeks to run down the problem. But it took me a whole lot more tim and I did not solve the problem. So who is the idiot?

• 6 months later...