noob, 89 2wd manual to a 90 cherokee drivetrian 4wd auto..

Good work man!

thanks.

few more updates..

added leafs front and rear...modded front shock mount for now..

if i'm right stock front, from center hub to fender flare- stock is 17-18 inches.. now i got 27 1/2--9.5 to 10.5 inch lift on the cheap...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

onto the next part of the build...bush recovery...get ya back to the road and call a real tow truck.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

ready to plate the frame..

note: timbren load boosters- from the front of a hwy plow truck- should work well for bumpstops as well...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 2 weeks later...

frame plates for 1/2 the frame is done and the mirror image for the other side done too...just need to measure up the inside so my seams don't line up... ;D

plasma's are sweet

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 4 weeks later...

not much has changed, new job-lots of overtime now slowing down...

only replaced the front spring bushings on the rear since i had to cut the bolts..

maybe this weekend---going to look at some 33's for it..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

frame is now plated...just need to stiffen the spring hangers.. then put it all back together...its a pain coming home and its dark after 5pm...tow boom may get put on a slower pace and speed up the snowplow install.... :wrench:

• 2 weeks later...

my last fix for now till i get my d44 rear.....

with the lift the rear shaft was in maybe 11/2 to 2 inches...to fix it...we went on a hunt....

never forget the extended cabs with a 2 piece shaft...

the one i had on was 42 inches eye to eye...

the new shaft off a older chevy 1/2 ton.. was 46 and the added bonus was a longer yoke....

so pulled the new shaft apart and played...the new shaft was about 1inch to long, the new yoke was 2 1/2 inches longer than the one i had...and it fixed my driveshaft length for now till the 44 is ready to go in next summer..then i may have to go back to my old yoke cause the 44 has a longer pinion than the 35....

Image Not Found

• 3 weeks later...

new headlights, cheap h4 setup from ebay..and a plow wing extension..runs and works well....still waiting for the owner of the d44 to get it out of the scrap mj....should have it by the end of the month, then rebuild and gear it....

Image Not Found

boring day......decided to change my winch controller back to my original...then seen the hole in my cup holder..hmmmm......works for me...

can see in the pic, i hated it there in the door..

:cheers:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 3 weeks later...

put the new steering shaft on, deal on a rear 44 from another mj fell apart...found 2 wj's for parts...put my order in for one of the front axles 99 or 2001...just want the knuckles to the calipers....get a good fix for my homebrew hi steer knuckle.. jamminz.gif

in case you missed the pic's

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

some reading.... i need to make a set of these spacers and if i flip the tie rods i'll need some inserts

spacers- i traced an old knuckle shape and marked the holes for the hub/bearing... now i'll get the tools at work to cut it out...

ordered a set of tie rod flip inserts as well...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got my tierod flip inserts... :wrench:

another week or two and i'll start the swap...replacing a 4l60e in my uncles truck right now on the weekends as the weather permits...

Image Not Found