Still need a 2.5 swb sending unit asap

FLMANCHE526

The sending unit is identical between the 2.5 and 4.0. The only difference is 86-90 and 91-92 (and 86 V6 is different also). Both size pumps fit on the same sending unit.

Cherokee (XJ) sending units are not the same a the Comanche ones, unlike what stores will try to tell you. They will NOT interchange.

The sending unit is identical between the 2.5 and 4.0.

According to the '87-'90 parts catalog the sending units have different Part Numbers between the 2.5L & 4.0L. I looked them up at http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/ and they are listed separately (not to say they actually have any).

if anyone has one let me know please i ordered one that some yahoo said works for a 2.5 but its to the 4.0

Do you have a picture of your old one I can compare to the ones I have? I have two here that I got from an '86 & '87 (?? I think, can't remember) at the JY, however, I don't really know if they work properly. Maybe we can trade the 2.5 for the 4.0?

There is just a slight difference between the two. The 4.0 one has a small tab that locks into a slot on the upper pump mount. That is why there are two part numbers. The swap the 4.0 pump on the 2.5 sender, you just have to bend that tab over. You could probably do it without bending it but it would not sit flush even though it would still work. Anyhow, to OP, PM sent.

:cheers: