No Horn

Here is the deal, when I got the Chief, it came with a newer column that was swapped in (as evidenced by double cut key). The problem is that the horn don't work. I know the horn is good, tested it with a jumper wire. When I press the horn button (key on), nothing, no "click" from a relay, etc. Question is, where is the horn relay located? anybody got a pic? Next, I'm wondering if the horn problem is caused from improper pinout between the two columns causing an open short not allowing my horn to ground through the horn switch with the result a horn blast. If I knew where the relay was located I could troubleshoot for power and grounds at that point. :dunno:

If the column was swapped, hopefully they didnt play around with the wheel and spin it over and over on one direction..... that may have broken the ground wire going to the horn button by twisting it off. Just another thing to check. I'm not the horn has a relay though Ive been wrong before. Good luck!

If the column was swapped, hopefully they didnt play around with the wheel and spin it over and over on one direction..... that may have broken the ground wire going to the horn button by twisting it off. Just another thing to check. I'm not the horn has a relay though Ive been wrong before. Good luck!

If it's a 95/96 column, the clockspring actually uses a sliding contact for the horn (which will keep working at all times even if you don't center the wheel) and a ribbon cable (inside the clockspring) for the cruise buttons, which needs centering. My bet is on someone wiring it wrong.

just outta curiosity, if i take a relay that was from under the hood of a vehicle, will it work in another spot, like from fuel to horn or wipers? I have a bunch of relays layin around and if it'd work it'd be nice to not have to buy one if thats the prob with my horn

just outta curiosity, if i take a relay that was from under the hood of a vehicle, will it work in another spot, like from fuel to horn or wipers? I have a bunch of relays layin around and if it'd work it'd be nice to not have to buy one if thats the prob with my horn

Yes, as long as all the pins on the relay are the same as the old one.