New Member... 1987 SporTruck 2.5l 5spd

Hey, I joined about a month ago and I'd like to introduce myself, my truck, and my aspirations for said truck.

I'm Drew, I do video productions out of Detroit and I have an IT background. I bought my MJ over the winter from my friend's dad for $500 in non working order. It ended up just being a fusible link to the starter switch and I ran a wire to it and it fired up beautifully. I stalled it later that day and killed something and it won't fire (turns over great though). I don't really have much of an extensive mechanical background, but I have lots of friends to help me on that side and I love learning. That said, after reading many of the posts such as the highly aspirational $500 MJ '88, I can say that I have some different ideas for my MJ. I plan to use it as a work vehicle, but also want it to have some character. I've always been the guy to say that he's going to do this and that to his car and never did, but this is the first time I've have a daily driver and I can keep the manche in the garage to finish out projects. OK, enough talk, lets get to my aspirations for my manche.

- The body is currently brown with the SporTruck decals on it, first and foremost I plan to pain it white (i originally wanted to to black, but white looks awesome) plus I want to airbrush my logo on the tailgate (weld flat piece of metal over Jeep lettering, paint then airbrush)

- I do want some lift on it, at least 3-4"

- I am already pulling the interior and using flat black Duplicolor on all surfaces

- replace the clock with a TomTom iPhone Dock

- Re-upholster bench, headliner, and visors - black... maybe a faux suede

- Blue LED replacement throughout dash panels, white LEDs for dome lighting

- I have a fool cepek light bar that clamps into the rain gutter, gonna put lights on it that are color corrected for video

-body harness lock downs for shooting video off the bed

-aftermarket "bolted" fender flares

-I purchased the 15" alloys from the XJs that have the jeep tag on one of the spokes near the center hub... still need tires

-My current rear bumper is jacked, need to get the aftermarket diamond plated powder coat one

-Bought a decent JVC head unit, but only have the crappy jensen speakers under the dash, gotta update that... probably cut my door panels and put decent speakers there. Nothing too fancy with the audio, just something that doesn't sound worse than my iPhone's speaker. I'd also like to find a nice hidden antenna and close up the original antenna hole.

- My fun project is going to be door poppers... not just any door poppers though... behind the exterior "air vents" will be RFID readers... I've always wanted to get an RFID implant in my hand between my thumb and index... so I'll just have to hold my hand up to the vent next to either door and that respective door opens. I also want to tie in an RFID receiver for a push button start. That also means shaved handles. NO KEYS!!!! :-)

- Plus the standards of checking my floor panels and putting POR-15 all over that s%$#, and replacing the basics

It is only a 4 cyl, which is all I need... so I'm not really planning to do crazy bogging or super duty stuff, I've just always loved the manches and now I have one that can be my project car so I want it to look gorgeous and have some modern upgrades. I know I'm heavy on the electronic upgrades since it's what I know but I hope to be able to learn how to do much of what I plan to do as I do it... Sometimes it takes being slapped by a leaf spring to get it.

IMG_0322.jpg

- My fun project is going to be door poppers... not just any door poppers though... behind the exterior "air vents" will be RFID readers... I've always wanted to get an RFID implant in my hand between my thumb and index... so I'll just have to hold my hand up to the vent next to either door and that respective door opens. I also want to tie in an RFID receiver for a push button start. That also means shaved handles. NO KEYS!!!! :-)

I've seen and read about some really senseless/useless mods (hell some of them were mine), but brother this one takes the cake. :thumbsup: Good luck.

I thought you said work truck :dunno: Sounds more like a play truck to me :yes: haha good luck with all that stuff, hope it works out for you :thumbsup: I wish i had the money your gunna throw at that truck, i could make mine exactly what i want it then pay its insurance for a year :banana: