instruction requst

its pretty straight forward,pull the spring put them in and put the spring back. the tapered part goes down to hold the spring.

pretty much goes in exactly like the OEM one thats in there does,i would recomend using a spring compressor. you could do it without but it will be easier with one.

Well it is possible, I did mine without. But that was when I was doing my front axle swap. Spring compressors are usually available for rent at auto parts stores. Or if your life isn't worth much, harbor freight sells a kit for $10.

The compressor will make it a lot easier, you should be able to get them on after unbolting the LCAs, shocks, and sway bar links. I think you might need to unhook the steering linkages, but I can't remember if it is necessary.

But If you unbolt the UCAs with the LCAs, shocks, and the links unhooked you should be able to get them on without compressors, keep in mind that my spacers were only 1.5, so you might have more complications than I did.

If you have enough down travel, you can pop the coils out & back in without a spring compressor.

I was able to get the stock springs out of my (2wd) MJ, and the 1.5" lift (formerly 3" lift Rusty's coils that collapsed to 1.5") back in, just by disconnecting my ft shocks & sway bar links.

That's with the stock LCA's that limit down travel by bottoming out on the coil spring bracket.

FWIW, you can grind down the part of the coil bracket that overlaps the LCA, and gain some down travel.

Well it is possible, I did mine without. But that was when I was doing my front axle swap. Spring compressors are usually available for rent at auto parts stores. Or if your life isn't worth much, harbor freight sells a kit for $10.

The compressor will make it a lot easier, you should be able to get them on after unbolting the LCAs, and sway bar links. I think you might need to unhook the steering linkages, but I can't remember if it is necessary.

Well if you unbolt your hole front end you can do it but i have the harbor freight spring compressor and i have used it a lot i don't think its the 10$ one but i would buy one if you are going to do it.

I put in 2" spacers on top of 3" lift coils without a spring compressor,i had to drop the front axle almost all the way out to get them in then fight everything back in.

I have since bought a compressor as i will never do it like that again. you can get a spring compressor from harbor frieght for under $20, i bought a real nice MAC and it was only $65

I used the harbor freight compressor when I did my mustangs front suspension, they broke as I was undoing them :fs1: . Scared the crap out of me, luckily it was on the second coil so the job was finished, just slightly faster then I intended... Keep in mind that these were pretty high rate coils, probably much stiffer then factory MJ coils, but I personally wouldn't trust them.

I could be wrong about $10, I did this about 2.5 years ago and just remember it was very inexpensive.

That was the only job i ever had done at a shop. i had a PST poly graphite suspension kit put in my 72 mustang,i was 16 and had no idea what i was doing so i had a shop do it. never had a car in the shop since :cheers: