new member new poster

hi everyone new to the board and i spent yesterday learning tons of info about my new truck from other posts on here and with all the knowledge on here you should never need a mechanic. :bowdown: I'm not new to the 4.0 motors or jeeps i had an 89 xj i sold last year and actually wanted a comanche so bad i turned my xj into a cheromanche lol turned out ok but just not a comanche, so i sold it. i went 8 months without a jeep and then for my bday my wife bought me a comanche :banana: she bought it from a police impound lot so unfortunately we know nothing about it. its an 87 comanche rear whl dr and as best i know has about 212xxx miles on it. when i got it nothing electrical worked apparently the moron previous owner didnt know how to wire aftermarket guages he had a nest of wires under the dash so i cut them all out one by one things started to work but now I'm stuck: the gas guage doesnt seem to work right(i think badfloat)? the speedometer doesnt work iv inspected the transmission but everything looks good and connected. next i guess would be to pull the dash unless you all know of anything else? also when the lights are on the right blinker stays on on the dash still functions normally but stays on? i think everything else is working cause some of the idiot lights will turn on when you start the jeep. i read about the ground wire next to the hood pop, does this soundlike the cause? when i stop i feel the brake pedal push back at me and the truck kinda jumps I'm thinkin calipers? and last now that i got everything running it seems to have a tick when i accelorate maybe lifter? i don't know. well sorry for the novel here and maybe ill have some tuff q's for you guys one day! :D thanks for reading and i appretiate any feed back i can get

no that wasnt my xj but i will get some pics up soon just gotta find them.

and its a 2x4

and oh ya i love my wife she knew the cancer called jeep that i have and that it requires alot of my time and money when she met me! heck she was buying me tools and lift parts to win me over while we were dating lol!

Blinker lights that stay on usually means a bad socket, they are in the help section at the auto parts store...run 15W40 Rotella diesel oil with any filter except Fram and see if she quiets down.

Blinker lights that stay on usually means a bad socket, they are in the help section at the auto parts store...run 15W40 Rotella diesel oil with any filter except Fram and see if she quiets down.

nice definately give that a try.

thespeedometer turns out that its broken behind the guages so need to get a new cable.

so now iv had a god awfull squeal coming from the serpentine belt tightened it loosened it tried belt conditioner and tried bar soap(this old guy told me to try it said thats what they used). and it seems to be quiet when the motor is cold but then as it gets hot it gets worse all pulleys appear to look straight and all are moving. any ideas?

squeal when it gets hot sounds like a bad bearing.. they start to swell and then lock up, after that usually one of the races will spin in its place, try to find out which one it is becasue i had an old sled that one bearing was squeeling and didnt think about it for a while but by the time i did it had ground the shaft that it was on down to almost nothing

squeal when it gets hot sounds like a bad bearing.. they start to swell and then lock up, after that usually one of the races will spin in its place, try to find out which one it is becasue i had an old sled that one bearing was squeeling and didnt think about it for a while but by the time i did it had ground the shaft that it was on down to almost nothing

well I'm thinkin it might be that pulley next to the ac pump? maybe its called a idler pulley i don't know i don't have a book. but i don't seem to have an issue with power steering/ over heating/ or voltage droping when it happens so I'm thinkin that. plus i figure its gotta be the cheaper one to fix lol