Now that winter is coming to an end:

Sir Sam

I figured I would post my heater setup, its a harbor freight trickle/float charger, and a harbor freight extension cord/3 way splitter, plus the factory block heater.

I put it where it is for two reasons; it was easier than routing it around up to the front; and it puts it up where it is easy to get to for plugging/unplugging it. For some people this is a big deal not having to bend over to unplug it, so that is a big consideration.

Plus, you won't forget about it before driving off.

heater1.jpg

heater2.jpg

I gotta try that exit location next time we plug in the Libby. :thumbsup: I had the factory cord stuck through the grille.

Diesels need that engine heater. Our libby makes all sorts of bad noises if we forget to plug her in the night before. :ack:

I gotta try that exit location next time we plug in the Libby. :thumbsup: I had the factory cord stuck through the grille.

Diesels need that engine heater. Our libby makes all sorts of bad noises if we forget to plug her in the night before. :ack:

Mine does for about 8 seconds, then it purrs like normal.

I like the block heater mostly for the shorter warm-up times.

I haven't actually needed the block heater to get the jeep to start. I guess past temps of about -10F you might.