Speedometer Cable and Cruise Control?

I went to the parts store to order a longer speedometer cable for my 4wd swap and when I told him I wanted a cable for 1990 Comanche 4wd, there were 2 options: with and without cruise control. Now, I don't have cruise on my truck, but I was curious as to what the difference between the two cables would be.

Only thing I can think of is the length due to a unit w/cruise control has a speed switch just down range from the instrument cluster,so in effect requiring two cables if you were replacing one on a cruise vehicle. But conjecture on my part, cause I don't have cruise either.

Only thing I can think of is the length due to a unit w/cruise control has a speed switch just down range from the instrument cluster,so in effect requiring two cables if you were replacing one on a cruise vehicle. But conjecture on my part, cause I don't have cruise either.

This man would be correct!

There is a slight length difference and the cabin end of the cable is terminated differently if you have cruise control.

This man would be correct!

There is a slight length difference and the cabin end of the cable is terminated differently if you have cruise control.

Yup.

Non-cruise has a one piece cable that has a threaded connector for the transmission and a clip-style end where it connects to the speedo. Cruise models have a slightly shorter cable with threaded connections on both ends for the transmission and speed sensor, then there's a short cable that threads on the speed sensor and then clips to the back of the speedo.